The 3 Best Web Hosts in Zimbabwe 2020 (Based on Speed, Reliability & Security)
I didn’t do my research, I didn’t look at the features, and I ended up choosing the first web host I came across.
The web host I chose was slow (it took ages to load my site). It was unreliable (my site was regularly offline, for no good reason). And the service was terrible (I couldn’t get through to the customer service team when something went wrong).
It’s infuriating when your site doesn’t work. And it took me a while to realize that my web host was the problem.
Flash forward to today, and I’ve now tested dozens of web hosts – good and bad. Your web host is just too important to get wrong. It’s your website’s engine. It determines everything from:
- Security (a good host will help prevent you from getting hacked)
- Peace of mind
A poor web host will cause slow and unreliable performance. And that affects the loyalty and trust of your visitors. It will even drag your sales and conversions down.
It’s that important.
So I’ve pulled together three outstanding web hosts. The best of the best. They are fast, reliable and affordable.
For the others, we set up staging sites and test sites to measure the five key things that matter most to you:
- Speed Speed is the core of a good web host. We created the Ecohosting server speed checker to measure exactly how long it takes for your server to respond. And then we rank it against thousands of others. Most other online speed tools measure the total website load time. We test just the web host. So it’s super accurate.
- Reliability We expect a web host to deliver at least 99.8% “uptime”. We start by gathering the web host’s official uptime figures, but we also measure the uptime ourselves too by setting up test sites and recording uptime with uptimerobot.com.
- Customer service If you’re running a website, you want to know you can contact someone if things start going wrong. We test every web host’s service through chat, tickets, and phone.
- User interface and user experience Web hosts are complicated, but their UI doesn’t need to be. We explore behind the scenes and make sure it’s user-friendly.
- Security We look for all the features that ensure your web site stays secure and safe from hackers. (Features like auto-updates, backups, malware scanners, etc.)
When we recommend a web host, you can trust that we’ve done our research, tested, and then tested again! So what are the top three web hosts for 2020?
ECOWEBZIM SOLUTIONS is the perfect all-rounder. It’s fast, reliable and super secure. Let’s start with its best feature: speed.
- Speed Ecowebzim recorded the highest results on server speed checker, making it the fastest web host on the market in 2020. And it’s not just fast in Zimbabwe. It uses data centers situated all over the globe and their proprietary SuperCacher to ensure lightning-fast load times across the planet. No matter where your audience is located, your site will load instantly. Ecowebzim also gives you free access to Cloudflare. Cloudflare is a ‘content delivery network’ (CDN) which stores your website data on servers all over the world. So if someone visits your website in Japan, your site will load from a server near Japan. Fast and efficient. Ecohosting.co.zw is the nearest testimonial of Ecowebzim. We are hosted on their USA datacenter and you can see how quickly this website responds to your requests.
- Reliability We set up a test site using Ecowebzim and the reliability stats are phenomenal. We recorded a 100% uptime on our test site. It never went down.
- Customer service You can contact Ecowebzim 24/7 via live chat, phone and a ticketing system. Replies are almost instant when submitted by phone or chat. And tickets usually receive a response within ten minutes. You also get a personal profile of the person you’re talking to. So you know who they are and what their expertise is.
- Security Ecowebzim’s systems and servers automatically block malicious bots and attackers. It also comes with a free SSL certificate (through “Let’s Encrypt”) which adds encryption to transactions on your site. Security rules are updated weekly, and they run the most up-to-date software. While nothing is completely bulletproof, Ecowebzim keeps on top of all the biggest threats.
- Usability Behind the scenes, Ecowebzim is simple, easy to use and intuitive. You won’t feel lost or frustrated when you’re making changes.
- The technical details Ecowebzim uses an SSD (solid-state drive) on all servers to give it 1000x increase in performance output. It also has a built-in SuperCacher that boosts load speed. Ecowebzim is also one of the sites to employ HTTP/2 which is faster and more secure (because it requires encryption).
- Cost The popular package (Basic) is just $25.00 RTGS,. It is the most cheapest of our top three, and it justifies the price with a super-charged performance.
Making this list has got to be one of the most difficult things we had to do because our top 3 web hosts are all so awesome! Here’s why ECOHOSTING ZIMBABWE is our number 2.
- Speed Our EcoHosting sites test sites performed really well, with our ZW-based site producing a worldwide average of 143 ms. Our Southafrican test site also did a great job, with an epic worldwide average of 175 ms. These results put them in our A+ category.
EcoHosting has 6 data centers worldwide, alleviates our worries about server distance to the target audience; you just have to pick one that’s closest to your customers and you won’t have to worry about speed at all!If this isn’t convincing enough, they’ve got an entire host of speed-boosting features, such as NGINX caching, WordPress Optimization, HTTP/2 and their very own Cache Manager which enables your site to load much faster. Very good value for money!
- Reliability So far, our tracker has given us a 100% uptime for our Ecohosting test sites. With Ecohosting’s 99.9% uptime guarantee, we don’t expect to see this number drop.
- Customer Support We found Ecohosting’s support to be much better than average. Conveniently located in the corner of their custom dashboard is a widget that instantly brings up a chat window, connecting to their live team.This chat interface allows us to send attachments (which is great because sometimes, a screenshot speaks a thousand words) and they’ve implemented emojis and gifs to make it easier for us to emote. Some say that this is gimmicky, but we say that it really help diffuse tense situations.
- User Experience Ecosting’s hPanel is a beautifully designed custom version of cPanel. It’s very intuitive with minimalistic icons which makes you feel like you’re in minimalist heaven. Everything is sorted logically, so you’ll have no problem navigating through the dashboard.
- Free Domain Ecohosting is one of the very few web hosting companies out there that includes a domain completely free with their web hosting plans. It really helps to keep the costs down, which is something new business owners are always thinking about.
- Cost New business owners and entrepreneurs will be happy to know that Hostinger’s introductory price is one of the lowest in the market. Starting from only $25.00 RTGS/ month, this web host is just perfect for beginners. They may not have certain features that we’d like, but it’s still value for money, considering how awesome EcoHosting’s services are!
Although ZOL plays second fiddle to Hostinger in this list, we’ve gotta say that they came super close to ranking number 2, and here’s why:
- Speed With a worldwide average of 149.8 ms, ZOL is not as fast as Ecowebzim & Ecohosting, but they’re still an A+ ranking web host, according to our speed tests.Furthermore, this test was done on a regular swift account, on super light test sites. Their Turbo accounts are purportedly 20x faster than regular servers which might even give them an edge in real world applications with heavier themes and plugins.
- Reliability Our test sites for ZOL web hosting are giving us a 99.95% uptime, which is really impressive! We really shouldn’t be surprised though, since ZOL has a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Solid reliability!
- Security With ZOL, you’ll get free SSL via Let’s Encrypt. You’ll also find a whole host of security features, including DDOS protection, brute force defense, and round-the-clock security monitoring, keeping your site safe from any malicious activity.
- Customer service As awesome as they are as a web host, we feel that ZOL can improve on their customer wait times, especially on live chat. The people that responded to us were really helpful and knowledgeable, but it took a little longer for us to connect to someone on live chat, compared to the other web hosts. Aside from that little issue, the support team is outstanding, assisting us with our issues patiently.
- User experience ZOL’s client login page is easy to navigate through. It’s not user-friendly though, all the important information is not clearly highlighted so you probably end up feeling lost, and they overwhelm you with too much information.
- Technical details You’ll be pleased to find that all of ZOL’s web hosting plans come with SSDs for that lightning-quick performance. You’ll also find the option to upgrade to their Turbo plan to take advantage of their Turbo servers, which are purportedly 20x faster than regular servers.With ZOL’s Optimized WordPress feature, you won’t have to worry about tweaking your WordPress site for speed. This feature automatically optimizes your site to make it load as fast as possible, sparing you the headache.
- Cost Starting at only $100.00 RTGS per month, we find ZOL’s pricing to be very attractive especially considering the fact that they’ve managed to pack almost unlimited everything into their plans!